Wednesday, April 16, 2008

waste zero, before we do recycle

I think that this book is good for being aware of something that is really important but people care less which the authors talks about design (also, recycling is downcycling, eco-efficient is not really changing better.) I think that it is very important to know because, for instance, people believe that recycling is certainly good thing for the environment and may feel good about it but it seems to me that many people usually do not care to think how it is actually good for the environment. So many people will probably surprise when they hear the authors saying recycling is downcycling. Also, I like the idea of focusing on “waste zero.” I think that it sounds great as a goal for us to achieve, because wasting can be seen many places and it can be done so easily by anyone. Or recycling doesn’t even make sense if we are doing it without reducing waste. I think that the authors are making really good points.

No comments: